Sustainable bioenergy has played a crucial role in helping many countries to move rapidly away from fossil fuels. The industrial use of bioenergy has enabled companies, governments, and supranational blocs to achieve rapid decarbonisation of their energy systems.
With the IEA naming bioenergy as one of the seven key pillars of decarbonisation in their recent Net Zero report, WBA hosted a webinar, “Lessons so far – the role of sustainable bioenergy in displacing fossil fuels” on 30 June 2021.
- Christian Rakos, President of the World Bioenergy Association
- Luc Pelkmans, Technical Coordinator at IEA Bioenergy
- Ross McKenzie, Group Head of Public Affairs and Government Policy at Drax
- Maria Michela Morese, Executive Secretary of the Global Bioenergy Partnership (GBEP)
- Seth Ginther, Executive Director of USIPA
- Jean-Marc Jossart, Secretary General of Bioenergy Europe
The session was chaired by The Right Honourable The Lord Duncan of Springbank, Deputy Speaker of the UK House of Lords, and former EU Parliament rapporteur on the EU Emissions Trading Scheme.
To download the presentations, click here: Presentations
You can watch the recording below or on our YouTube channel here: Link